This is one of my favorite dishes for colder months (or the colder days in summer!) or whenever I’m craving something comforting. It’s easy to make and will nourish your body with many nutrients :) Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Soup with Lentils
40 min // 3 servings // easy
- 100 g red lentils
- 460 g sweet potato
- 1 red onion
- 1 piece of ginger (11 g)
- 1 clove garlic
- some plant-based oil
- 600 ml veggie broth
- 200 ml Coconut milk (canned) or vegan cream
- 1 tsp curry madras
- 1 tsp garlic pepper (or pepper & salt)
- Chili to taste
- 1 tsp rice syrup or other sweetener
- opt: salt
- Start with soaking the lentils (best overnight or for about 3 hours)
- Cut the sweet potato into small pieces (the smaller they are, the shorter the cooking time will be).
- Now, cut the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add some oil to a pot and sautée the onions until they start to get a transparent.
- Then, add garlic, ginger and curry madras and mix well.
- Add the sweet potato and lentils and sautée some more.
- Add the veggie broth until the ingredients are covered.
- Let simmer for about 25 - 30 minutes, until the sweet potato has softened.
- Now, add coconut milk/cream and spices.
- Use a blender or immersion blender to make a creamy soup and adjust the spices to your taste.