Vegan Tiramisu, anyone? This one is especially delicious and christmas-y because I used spekulatius cookies (my favorite store-bought christmas cookies). I really like to prepare this dessert if we’re having guests over, or to bring to friends and family. I can also happily confirm that an italian friend enjoyed it, so that’s a big plus :)
Vegan Spekulatius cookies are easy to find (at least in Germany), but if you don’t find them (or it’s not christmas time), the ‘lotus caramell cookies’ (or similiar ones) work great, too.
Tiramisu ★ vegan
30 min (+3h cooling time) // 8 servings // easy
- 500 g soy yoghurt (drained overnight)
- 130 ml Coffee (cooled down)
- 200 g vegan cream (whippable)
- cream stiff for the cream
- vegan spekulatius cookies (or caramel cookies, like lotus)
- 3 Tbl cacao powder
- Let the soy yoghurt drain overnight (you can use a paper kitchen towel or a cloth strainer).
- Whip the cream with the cream stiffer.
- Add the yoghurt to the whipped cream bit by bit and mix together.
- Put the coffee into a bowl that's big and flat enough to dip one cookie at a time.
- Prepare one or two forms/glasses to put the tiramisu in.
- Now the fun part: dip the spekulatius cookies into the coffee, so they can soak up some coffee (just short, otherwise they won't stay in shape) and cover the bottom of the form with soaked cookies
- On the cookies, put a layer of cream (around 1-2 cm), then add another layer of soaked cookies...until the form is full.
- The last layer in the form should be cream. Now put some cocao powder (through a small strainer) on top.
- Cover and let it sit in the fridge for at least 3h, but longer (half a day to 1 day) makes the flavors come together even more.
- Will taste good for the next 2-3 days, so no rush to eat ;)